Sunday, October 31, 2004

Interesting viewpoint sent to me on the why's behind the Bin Ladin release

This is pulled from a letter sent to me. The author and I have differing opinions on who will win the election, although for perspective on this editorial, neither one of us likes the policies of the Bush administration.

"What do you think of the new Bin Laden tape?...

...Anyway, it seems to me that this is going to tilt the election to Bush, on the rationale that we need a tried leader at this time of stress, rather than a new leader. [I believe that Bush had the election tied up before this - I see that Hawaii is now a swing state, Cheney is going there to speak. Hawaii has been Democratic for 60 years!]

So, why did Bin Laden try to tilt the election in Bush's favor? Perhaps he is crazy, but he certainly was not crazy at 9/11; that was skillfully carried out operation. Well, maybe he is now senile; possible, but his aides are not, they would not let him talk, if he did not represent their views. So, we are left with the conclusion that he wants Bush to be re-elected, why?

At first glance, it does not seem logical, but I think he feels that Bush is ineffectual and will not be able to win and America will have to battle on its own. Whereas Kerry is proposing to put 2 more divisions [I think] into Iraq, and most importantly, he will try to get our allies to help.

So, maybe, the old bastard is not so crazy after all."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home