Friday, October 22, 2004

In honor of my nephew I voted against Fascism this morning

I went in for early voting today. I was thinking I was going to vote straight ticket Democrat, but I decided at the last minute to do my ballot manually race by race. (Since I first learned that someone could vote straight ticket back in jr. high, I have felt that is cop out and it has bothered me that I was seriously considering voting straight ticket Democrat to vote against organized religion in office in Texas.)

I was filling out my ballot and I was very pleased by my decision to go throught it step by step. In the state of Texas, the Democratic party is so weak that they don't even have candidates in most of the races. So By not voting straight ticket I was able to vote against Republican candidates in MORE races. (There were a handful of races that featured Republicans v. Libertarians. I do identify with a lot of Libertarian values so that was definitely no sacrifice. :) ).

None of the republican candidates I was able to vote for were familiar to me as names that I recognized as having accomplished anything of note in office, so I will sleep well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home