Friday, October 08, 2004

I should put in my comments on the VP debate

before I forget. I listened to a lot of the VP debate on my way down to Waxahachie to deposit Big House in the hoosgow. I thought both Candidates did very well. Cheney was there to look confident and composed and to raise questions about Kerry and Edwards fitness for the jobs. Edwards was there to defend kerry and get in as many jabs as he could.

I thought both candidates did a great job of reaching those goals, but I think while I would call the debate a draw, the Democrats in essence won. The Republicans had to have a landslide victory to recover from the first debate. They had to have Cheney put questions in the American people's minds about Kerry and Edward's ability to lead the country. I think Edwards came out looking like a very credible VP candidate and Edwards successfully countered almost every attack on Kerry.

A lot of people questioned Kerry's choice of VP, but by chosing a former trial lawyer as his running mate, Kerry effectively won the VP debate.

I think both VP candidates seemed capable, but they both have warts. Cheney is myopic and has bad judgement. Edwards seems to be a pretty boy lawyer who may not be any more devoted to working than George Bush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home