Saturday, November 13, 2004

Veronica also recommended Church

...And for more than just meeting girls. She thinks it might help me find a few much needed moments of peace.

I'm game. Anyone want to make suggestions which I should attend?

I am looking for a place where I can hear a nice sermon presented that leaves you with a good lesson to think about. A place where people would almost seem embarrassed to volunteer their religion, but live it doing good works for their fellow humans. A place where they recruit through what they do, not what they say. A place where people do not pass judgment on entire groups because they are different (I do not want to listen to someone harp on gay people eroding the fabric of society. I am friends with too many exceptional people who happen to be gay to take that shit without a fight --- and that is pretty much the opposite of finding peace.).

...With precious little singing (---I always get light headed when the congregation starts sucking up all the oxygen).

Any recommendations?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

If you want a low pressure church, try Christ Community Church off of Alpha and Hillcrest. That is assuming Pastor John Daniels is still there. The only uncomfortable thing about it was that it seemed like there were two congregations at times; the people who wanted that 'ol' time religion', and those that liked being challenged to think by the sermons.

4:53 PM  
Blogger The Tobidian said...

Thanks Mr. Buenomann!

I am going to try it out since you recommended it. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

Any more recommendations?

Tobi

4:59 PM  
Blogger Veronica said...

Horizon UU in Carrollton. The minister there is incredibly well-read and traveled.

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home