Saturday, November 06, 2004

In poor taste (you are warned)

I freely admit that this is in immensely poor taste. If you are easily offended, please do not read it.

If you love offensive stuff, read on!

I came upon some friends of mine who were bitter about another 4 years of Bush. One of my friends made the comment that although she would never in any way harm someone or help lead to someone being harmed, she said she wouldn't cry if Bush was somehow done in.

Which lead someone (not me) to pose the question, what kind of Bush death would you hope to read about in the paper?

It was truly a ridiculous scene as bizarre death headlines came out of the woodwork. I personally volunteered

"A pretzel's revenge:
Cheney declares salty snack 'Weapon of Mass Destruction',
promises to root out terrorist organization 'Frito Lay'".


Some of the funnier ones were more to the point:

"Anthrax claims only Moral American",

"Nuclear Annihilation of Bush Ranch",

and

"Europe cheers Sniper"



It did make me daydream about how different it would be if Cheney had to assume the role of President. He definitely would be a lot more mellow about gay rights at least---probably also about abortion. He seems entirely consumed by Iraq and there are only so many things one can be fanatical about in a day...


Perhaps to illustrate to The White House that you really can't have a "mandate" if you had a 47% approval rating as an incumbent president a month before the election, almost lost the electoral vote, and nearly half of the country hates your guts I'll send pretzels to the White House.

I do want to make a point that if I do, it will not be a murder attempt. I will not trick up any pretzels, and I ask that if any of you also send pretzels, that you don't either. Someone may actually eat them --- a guard, a postal employee, the homeless --- but it almost certainly won't be President Bush.




....He probably has his own food tester.

Thank GOD for this moral paragon who will unify this country!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home